Shannon Brewing Company
Shannon Brewing Company is an award-winning craft brewery located in Keller, Texas. Our brewery is truly a team environment. We lend a hand with anything that needs to be done and support each other to ensure the brewery is successful. We are always looking for genuine and sincere people to join our team. Come help us grow!
Shannon Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or marital status or other protected status covered by federal, state or local law.
Territory Sales Manager
Shannon Brewing Company is growing at an amazing clip. The brewery’s beer is winning awards and going into more large-format grocery, liquor, and craft stores. We are passionate about great beer—all-natural, beautiful, innovative, amazing beer! All our beer is brewed with pure Texas spring water, whole grain, and whole flower hops using our unique fire-brewed system.
About the Position:
We are looking for a Territory Sales Manager (TSM) for the brewery’s home territory. The TSM reports directly to the brewery President and is one of the brewery’s most visible brand representatives. The TSM will be responsible for managing all aspects of the brewery’s outside sales process and ensuring the brewery’s sales efforts are run efficiently and profitably within the assigned territory. The TSM’s primary job duties include account management of existing accounts and new business development for all on- and off-premise accounts, fulfillment management for all accounts (including some fulfillment duties), outside event management and attendance, new product education and sales, SBC account relations, merchandising and merchandising management of accounts, product quality assurance at all accounts, accurate accounting of brewery assets and finished goods, and ensuring the brewery is represented in a professional manner. The TSM is a primary member of our brand team, meaning they will participate in brewery events, festivals, sales promotions, and other outside activities.
The Ideal Candidate:
This is a hands-on position! The ideal candidate will have applicable brewery sales experience with in-depth knowledge of the on- and off-premise arena. He or she will have a strong background in craft beer sales, a history of building relationships with on- and off-premise managers, and a successful track record of craft beer merchandising management. The ideal candidate will have a passion for solving problems and creating value for the company and its customers. Most importantly, the candidate must be a team player.
The TSM’s primary responsibility will be to run the brewery’s outside sales effort as a profit center, including all sales, marketing, promotions, events, and occasional order delivery fulfillment. This is a hands-on position — requiring the TSM to personally work the territory. The TSM’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Foster, develop, and protect the Shannon Brewing Company brand.
- Develop and execute the brewery’s sales strategy based on sound business practices and KPIs of similarly sized businesses.
- New business development for all appropriate on-premise and off-premise accounts.
- Outbound calls to new and existing accounts.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Shannon Brewing Company products, processes, and brand differentiators.
- Represent the brewery at events as required.
- Represent the brewery at festivals, beer dinners, tastings, and similar events.
- Required to manage and personally attend samplings, tastings, and pint nights at assigned accounts.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all appropriate purchasing contacts.
- Develop and manage marketing strategy, including on- and off-premise POS and promotions.
- Investigate and resolve all customer problems.
- Sell-in and conduct training programs with retailers, restaurateurs, and consumers on Shannon Brewing Company brand differentiators.
- Foster a positive image for Shannon Brewing Company and maintain high ethical standards.
- Develop and execute on-premise and off-premise sales strategy.
- Develop and execute on-premise and off-premise fulfillment strategy.
- Deliver on sales plan that will meet sales goals while simultaneously delivering on Shannon Brewing Company’s “wholesome” brand promise.
- Manage pricing, promotions, inventory, allocated products, and new item introductions.
- Proactively manage customer expectations and resolve any customer issues immediately by investigating problems and developing/documenting solutions.
- Contribute to the success of the sales team by accomplishing individual & team sales goals and lead with the creation and implementation of new ideas.
- Identify market-pricing opportunities and make recommendations including objectives for any change proposed.
- Answer inbound sales calls as appropriate.
- Enter appropriate data into the CRM software system.
- Oversee cost control and profitability for all outside sales.
- Oversee inventory of assigned beer, merchandise, and supplies for the sales team.
- Responsible for merchandising of accounts.
- Responsible for delivery management of products, including some direct delivery of product.
- Manage all marketing, tasting, sampling, and sales support for the assigned territory.
- Work with sales and brew teams to prepare forecasts and monthly/annual sales projections for the sales team.
Physical Capabilities: Ours is a physically demanding job, requiring employees to move up to 165 pounds, work in hot and/or cold environments, be in proximity to hazardous chemicals and work around alcoholic beverages.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Salary Guarantee
- Generous Sales Commissions
- Monthly Beer Allotment
- Health Insurance Stipend
- Phone Stipend
- Car/Fuel Stipend
- Paid Vacation per Employee Handbook
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of three years experience in the beer distribution and/or supplier community is required.
- Three or more years experience managing craft beer sales and/or brands
- Strong understanding of beer distribution and marketing strategies
- Highly developed technical skills – proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, and Word), experience in EKOS is desirable
- Previous sales experience to include: setting, managing, and exceeding sales goals; prospecting; negotiating; and closing skills
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for beer
- High energy and engaging personality
- Product knowledge, sales presentation, relationship building, and territory management.
- Strong work ethic. The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- A college degree is preferred.
- Strong connections within the craft & specialty beer community
- Possess a thorough grasp of cost structures, supply chain logistics, and margin management
- Excellent leadership capabilities with strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Work hand in hand with our distributor and brand manager to achieve mutually agreed-upon sales goals.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking capabilities, strong communication skills; verbal, listening, and written
- Some evening and weekend work is required.
If you wish to be considered for this position, apply with a cover letter, résumé, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.