Shannon Brewing Company
Shannon Brewing Company is an award-winning craft brewery located in Keller, Texas. Our brewery is truly a team environment. We lend a hand with anything that needs to be done and support each other to ensure the brewery is successful. We are always looking for genuine and sincere people to join our team. Come help us grow!
Shannon Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or marital status or other protected status covered by federal, state or local law.
Shannon Brewing Company is growing at an amazing clip. The brewery’s beer is winning awards and going into more large-format grocery, liquor, and craft stores. We are passionate about great beer—all-natural, beautiful, innovative, amazing beer! All our beer is brewed with pure Texas spring water, whole grain, and whole flower hops using our unique fire-brewed system.
About the Position:
The Sales Manager reports directly to the brewery President and is one of the brewery’s most visible brand touchpoints. He or she will be responsible for managing all aspects of the brewery’s outside sales process within the brewery’s home market and ensuring the brewery’s sales efforts are run efficiently and profitably. The Sales Manager’s primary job duties include new business development for all on- and off-premise accounts, distributor relations, sales fulfillment management (including managing a small team), outside event management, new product education and sales, SBC account relations, merchandising management of accounts, product quality assurance at all accounts, accurate accounting of brewery assets and finished goods, and ensuring the brewery is represented in a professional manner. The Sales Manager will have direct reports and must have previous sales management experience. He/She will manage and participate in brewery tours, festivals, sales promotions, and other outside activities.
The Ideal Candidate:
This is a hands-on position! The ideal candidate will have applicable beverage sales and sales management experience and a passion for the craft brewing industry. He or she will have a strong background in craft beer sales operations, a history of professional sales management, and a thorough knowledge of on- and off-premise sales strategies. The ideal person will also have experience in pricing strategy, promotions management, merchandising management, route sales management, fulfillment tactics, and finished goods inventory management. The ideal candidate will have a passion for solving problems and creating value for the company and its customers. Most importantly, the Sales Manager must be a team player.
The Sales Manager’s primary responsibility will be to run the brewery’s outside sales effort as a profit center, including all sales, marketing, promotions, and events. This is a hands-on position — requiring the manager to personally work the territory.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Foster, develop, and protect the Shannon Brewing Company brand.
- Develop and execute the brewery’s sales strategy based on sound business practices and KPIs of similarly sized businesses.
- Manage fulfillment staff and ensure product delivery, quality, and rotation
- New business development for all appropriate on-premise and off-premise accounts.
- Outbound calls to new and existing accounts.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Shannon Brewing Company products, processes, and brand differentiators.
- Manage and represent the brewery at festivals and events.
- Represent the brewery at beer dinners, tastings, and similar events.
- Required to manage and personally attend samplings, tastings, and pint nights at assigned accounts.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all appropriate purchasing contacts.
- Develop and manage marketing strategy, including on- and off-premise POS and promotions.
- Investigate and resolve all customer problems.
- Sell-in and conduct training programs with retailers, restaurateurs, and consumers on Shannon Brewing Company brand differentiators.
- Foster a positive image for Shannon Brewing Company and maintain high ethical standards.
- Develop and execute on-premise and off-premise sales strategies
- Develop and execute on-premise and off-premise fulfillment strategies
- Deliver on sales plan that will meet sales goals while simultaneously delivering on Shannon Brewing Company’s “wholesome” brand promise.
- Manage pricing, promotions, inventory, allocated products, and new item introductions.
- Proactively manage customer expectations and resolve any customer issues immediately by investigating problems and developing/documenting solutions.
- Contribute to the success of the sales team by accomplishing individual & team sales goals and lead with the creation and implementation of new ideas.
- Identify market-pricing opportunities and make recommendations including objectives for any change proposed.
- Answer inbound sales calls as appropriate.
- Enter appropriate data into the CRM software system.
- Oversee cost control and profitability for all outside sales.
- Oversee inventory of assigned beer, merchandise, and supplies for the sales team.
- Responsible for merchandising management of accounts.
- Manage all marketing, tasting, sampling, and sales support for the assigned territory.
- Work with sales and brew teams to prepare forecasts and monthly/annual sales projections for the sales team
This position will have direct reports. Previous management experience is necessary.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Salary
- Monthly Commissions
- Annual Bonus
- Automobile Stipend
- Phone Stipend
- Health Insurance Stipend
- Monthly Beer Allotment
- Paid Vacation per Employee Handbook
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of three years in beer sales
- Strong understanding of on- and off-premise sales strategies is required
- Thorough understanding of sales positioning strategies leading to corporate mandates and planogram inclusion
- An entrepreneurial spirit and passion for craft beer
- Must be very organized
- Strong work ethic. The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- A college degree is preferred but not required.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking capabilities
- Strong communication skills; verbal, listening, written, and presentation skills
- Some evening and weekend work will be required.
If you wish to be considered for this position, apply with a cover letter, résumé, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.