Shannon Brewing Company
EVENT PLANNING SOCIAL MEDIA MGR
Shannon Brewing Company is an award-winning craft brewery located in Keller, Texas. Our brewery is truly a team environment. We lend a hand with anything that needs to be done and support each other to ensure the brewery is successful. We are always looking for genuine and sincere people to join our team. Come help us grow!
Shannon Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or marital status or other protected status covered by federal, state or local law.
Shannon Brewing Company brews an award-winning portfolio of all-natural beer in Keller, Texas. We are passionate about great beer — all-natural, beautiful, innovative, amazing beer! All our beer is brewed with pure Texas spring water, whole grain, and whole flower hops using our unique fire-brewed system.
About the Position:
This is a multi-faceted position that will report to the Director of Sales and be an integral part of our event and sales teams. He or she will be responsible for organizing the brewery’s event planning and taproom hospitality operations including, but not limited to, taproom event planning and management, social media marketing/management, hospitality management, taproom and brewery rentals, brewery event marketing, outside vendor management (as it pertains to event planning) and all related taproom activities. This position will also be responsible for the brewery’s social media marketing and product sampling programs.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have at least two years of applicable event management and social media experience and a passion for the brewing industry. He or she will have a strong background in event planning, social media management, and a drive for making events successful. The ideal candidate will have a passion for solving problems and creating value for the company and its customers.
The Event Planning and Social Media Manager’s primary responsibility will be to manage the brewery’s event planning, social media, and sampling programs — working closely with the Taproom Manager, Sales Manager, and sales team.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Social media management and content creation
- Event planning and promotion for all on-premise events including large public events and small private events.
- Event planning and promotion for all off-premise events
- Manage and attend several product samplings per week at area retail stores.
- Manage and attend several pint nights per month at area pubs and restaurants.
- Assist the Taproom Manager in scheduling and managing all taproom vendors including food trucks, musicians, and all other vendors related to event activities.
- Assist in managing decorations, appearance, and merchandising for on- and 0ff-premise events.
- Assist in managing on-site events, private parties and inside beer dinners.
- Assist in planning, managing, and execution of sales events.
- Manage all social media regarding internal brewery events and taproom activities.
- Assist in managing website content and updates.
- Social media planning, scheduling, and management
- Phone Stipend
- Mileage reimbursement or use of company vehicle
- Health Insurance
- Monthly Beer Allotment
- Shift Beer
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of two years experience working in event planning.
- Strong understanding of craft beer
- TABC Certification is required
- Must have experience in social media marketing, planning, and content creation
- Available to work flexible schedules including weekend and night shifts
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for beer
- Strong work ethic
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking capabilities, strong communication skills; verbal, listening and written
- Ability to work on your feet; standing and/or walking 8-10 hours a day
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 35 pounds
- Ability to maneuver a keg (up to 165 lbs) on a dolly
- Work on wet floors and with wet equipment
- Maintain a sanitary environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Evening and weekend work is required.
If you wish to be considered for this position, apply with a cover letter, résumé and salary requirements to email@example.com.