Shannon Brewing Company
Shannon Brewing Company is an award-winning craft brewery located in Keller, Texas. Our brewery is truly a team environment. We lend a hand with anything that needs to be done and support each other to ensure the brewery is successful. We are always looking for genuine and sincere people to join our team. Come help us grow!
Shannon Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or marital status or other protected status covered by federal, state or local law.
Shannon Brewing Company is growing at an amazing clip. The brewery’s beer is winning awards and going into more large-format grocery, liquor, and craft stores. We are passionate about great beer—all-natural, beautiful, innovative, amazing beer! All our beer is brewed with pure Texas spring water, whole grain, and whole flower hops using our unique fire-brewed system.
About the Position:
We are looking for a Delivery Driver and Merchandiser (DDM) to add to our sales team. The DDM will be an integral part of our sales team and be a consistent face of the brewery, interacting with current and potential customers. He or she will participate in all aspects of the sales and fulfillment process — including but not limited to sales, finished goods management, delivery scheduling, invoice fulfillment, merchandising, draft line cleaning, customer management, festival management and attendance, and management of assigned equipment.
The Ideal Candidate:
This is a hands-on position! The ideal candidate will have clean driving record — no DUI on driving record. He or she must be able to adhere to a schedule, lift up to 165 pounds (1/2 barrel keg), safely operate a vehicle, and feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have a passion for solving problems and creating value for the company and its customers. Most importantly, the candidate must be a team player.
The DDM’s primary job purpose is to deliver the brewery’s beer in an efficient and profitable manner to on- and off-premise accounts, merchandising accounts, sales expansion, and ensuring SBC customers are happy.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the sales process.
- Loading and unloading beer — kegs and cases.
- Delivering beer to on- and off-premise accounts.
- Cleaning draft lines.
- Responsible for merchandising of assigned accounts.
- Manage and maintain any assigned equipment — delivery van, iPad, portable printer, etc.
- Accurately account for all beer in inventory.
- Represent the brewery at assigned festivals, tastings and similar events.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all appropriate purchasing contacts.
- Manage assigned marketing tactics, including on- and off-premise POS and promotions.
- Investigate and resolve all customer problems.
- Immediately report any unresolved concerns to management.
- Train retailers, restaurateurs and consumers on Shannon Brewing Company product differentiators.
- Foster a positive image for Shannon Brewing Company and maintain high ethical standards.
- Execute on-premise and off-premise sales strategies.
- Execute on-premise and off-premise fulfillment strategies.
- Execute assigned pricing, promotions, inventory, allocated products and new item introductions.
- Proactively manage customer expectations and resolve any customer issues immediately by investigating
- problems and developing/documenting solutions, bring any problems to the immediate attention of the Sales Manager.
- Identify marketing opportunities and make recommendations to management.
- Answer inbound sales calls as appropriate.
- Enter appropriate data into the CRM software system.
- Manage all invoices accurately – turning them in daily
- Oversee inventory of all assigned beer, merchandise and supplies.
- Occasionally run assigned errands for the brewery.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Salary
- Monthly Beer Allotment
- Health Insurance Stipend
- Phone Stipend
- Paid Vacation per Employee Handbook
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Clean driving record
- Customer service oriented
- An entrepreneurial spirit and passion for beer
- Mechanically inclined
- Strong work ethic. The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking capabilities, strong communication skills; verbal, listening and written
- Must be able to work around alcoholic beverages.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
If you wish to be considered for this position, apply with a cover letter, résumé and salary requirements to email@example.com.