Shannon Brewing Company
Shannon Brewing Company is an award-winning craft brewery located in Keller, Texas. Our brewery is truly a team environment. We lend a hand with anything that needs to be done and support each other to ensure the brewery is successful. We are always looking for genuine and sincere people to join our team. Come help us grow!
Shannon Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or marital status or other protected status covered by federal, state or local law.
Shannon Brewing Company is growing at an amazing clip. The brewery’s beer is winning awards and going in to more large format grocery, liquor, and craft stores. We are passionate about great beer—all natural, beautiful, innovative, amazing beer! All our beer is brewed with pure Texas spring water, whole grain, and whole flower hops using our unique fire-brewed system.
About the Position:
We are looking for a Cellar and Packaging Manager to add to our management team. The CPM will be an integral part of our production team and have great influence in the future of the brewery. He or she will participate in all aspects of the cellaring and packaging process — including but not limited to raw materials management, recipe development, brewhouse operations, cellaring management, packaging, barrel aging, yeast husbandry, laboratory operations, and all associated beer QA/QC standards.
The Ideal Candidate:
This is a hands-on position! The ideal candidate will have applicable cellar and packaging experience, a formal brewing education, and a passion for the brewing industry. He or she will have a strong background in cellar and packaging operations, a history of professional brewing and/or a degree in brewing sciences. This person will also have experience in facilities management, raw materials management, yeast management, laboratory operations, packaging operations, QA/QC standards and applicable sanitation practices. The ideal candidate will have a passion for solving problems and creating value for the company and its customers. Most importantly, the candidate must be a team player.
The Cellar and Packaging Manager (CPM) will manage and be a subject matter expert in all aspects of the cellaring and packaging process — including but not limited to cellar operations, packaging operations, barrel aging, yeast husbandry, laboratory operations and all associated QA/QC standards. The CPM will co-manage raw materials management and handling, facilities maintenance and management, brewhouse operations, production management, and recipe development with the Lead Brewer.
The CPM’s primary responsibility is ensuring that Shannon Brewing Company is producing the highest quality beer possible — from grain to package. This includes leading and working as an integral member of the production team and ensuring the team operates with the highest ethical standards. This is a hands-on position — requiring the CPM to personally participate in all aspects of the brewing, cellaring, packaging process, and facilities management processes.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Cellaring operations
- Scheduling, running, and maintaining the brewery’s ABE in-line canning line, including a depalletizer, twist rinse/cleaner, inline labeler, and associated equipment.
- Scheduling, running, and maintaining the brewery’s cellar operations and associated equipment.
- Scheduling, running, and maintaining the brewery’s laboratory equipment as it pertains to cellaring and packaging, including cellometer, Orbisphere, and associated equipment.
- Raw materials inventory and management as it pertains to cellaring and packaging.
- Precisely following all brewery recipes for existing beers and developing new and innovative recipes for full-scale and pilot batches
- Follow existing Standard Operating Procedures pertaining to brewing, cellaring, packaging and authoring / updating SOPs as needed
- Maintain detailed data records associated with brewing, cellaring, centrifuge operations, packaging and related activities
- Assist in managing and developing the talent of the production team
- Data entry of all appropriate details in the brewery management software (Ekos)
- Manage daily gravity readings and recordings
- Manage daily CO2/DO reading and recordings as necessary to ensure product quality
- Manage turbidity, CO2 and O2 levels within product specifications
- Manage and maintain all assigned cellaring and packaging equipment
- Manage and maintain production facilities and assist in occasional taproom maintenance
- Manage and maintain cellar equipment
- Manage, maintain, and lead the use of laboratory equipment — specifically cellometer, microscope, DO readers (PPM and PPB), etc.
- Oversee and manage packaging department equipment, including kegging equipment, canning line and all associated machinery/supplies
- Follow, develop, and maintain best practices for all brewing, cellaring and packaging procedures
- Assist in managing inventory control of kegs, cases, cans, labels and all associated materials/supplies
- Manage yeast husbandry procedures and best practices
- Manage all yeast disposal procedures
- Oversee and manage operations for dry spicing of fermented beer
- Oversee and manage operations of all fining operations and best practices
- Manage startup and shutdown of associated facility processes
- Oversee and manage operations and maintenance of CIP equipment
- Provide and receive continual innovation and improvements
This position will have direct reports. Previous management is desired.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Salary
- Monthly Beer Allotment
- Health Insurance Stipend
- Paid Vacation per Employee Handbook
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of two years experience in a commercial brewery is required
- Strong understanding of beer brewing and cellaring strategies is required
- Laboratory skills are required: yeast management, DO/CO2 measurement, etc.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and passion for beer
- Mechanically inclined
- Strong work ethic. The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- A college degree is preferred but not required.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking capabilities, strong communication skills; verbal, listening and writtenSome evening and weekend work may be required.
If you wish to be considered for this position, apply with a cover letter, résumé and salary requirements to email@example.com.