Shannon Brewing Company
Shannon Brewing Company is an award-winning craft brewery located in Keller, Texas. Our brewery is truly a team environment. We lend a hand with anything that needs to be done and support each other to ensure the brewery is successful. We are always looking for genuine and sincere people to join our team. Come help us grow!
Shannon Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or marital status or other protected status covered by federal, state or local law.
Shannon Brewing Company is an award-winning craft brewery located in Keller, Texas. We are passionate about great beer — all-natural, beautiful, innovative, amazing beer! All our beer is brewed with pure Texas spring water, whole grain, and whole flower hops using our unique fire-brewed system.
About the Position:
Shannon Brewing Company is looking for a full-time Assistant Brewer to add to our production team. He or she will participate in all aspects of the production process — including but not limited to brewing, raw materials handling, cellaring, packaging, barrel aging, yeast husbandry, laboratory assistance, cleaning, sanitation, and associated beer QA/QC processes.
The Ideal Candidate:
This is a hands-on position! The ideal candidate will have applicable brewery experience, a passion for craft beer, pays attention to detail and has a safety-first focus. This role will include, but not be limited to tasks such as; wort production, packaging beer, washing kegs, filling kegs, and general brewery operations. We are looking for an individual that is motivated and passionate about the craft brewing industry, has a strong work ethic, and is able to follow instructions. Most importantly, the candidate must be a team player.
The Assistant Brewer’s primary responsibility is to assist in the production team — from grain to glass. Producing great beer and ensuring a safe and clean brewery environment. This includes working as an integral member of the production team. This is a hands-on position — requiring participation in all aspects of brewing, cellaring, packaging, and facilities management.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the Head Brewer with Brewing Operations
- Cellaring operations
- Facilities Management
- Raw materials inventory and management
- Follow existing Standard Operating Procedures pertaining to brewing, cellaring, packaging, and facilities management
- Maintain detailed data records associated with brewing, cellaring, packaging and related activities per the Head Brewer
- Data entry of any appropriate details in the brewery management software (Ekos)
- Assist in daily gravity readings and recordings
- Assist in daily CO2/DO reading and recordings as necessary to ensure product quality
- Assist in the maintenance of brewing and cellaring equipment
- Assist in the maintenance of production facilities and assist in taproom maintenance
- Assist in the maintenance of packaging department equipment, including kegging equipment, canning line and all associated machinery/supplies
- Follow best practices for all brewing, cellaring and packaging procedures
- Assist in managing inventory control of kegs, cases, cans, labels and all associated materials/supplies
- Assist in yeast husbandry and disposal procedures
- Assist in dry spicing of fermented beer
- Assist in fining operations and best practices
- Assist in startup and shutdown of associated facility processes
- Assist in operations and maintenance of CIP equipment
- This position will report to the Head Brewer
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary — commensurate with experience
- Insurance Stipend
- Monthly Beer Allotment
- Potential for growth as the brewery launches new product lines
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Brewery or related experience is strongly desired
- Commercial brewing, cellaring, packaging, and sanitation experience are strongly desired
- Ability to solve problems and work through difficult challenges while maintaining a positive attitude
- An entrepreneurial spirit and passion for beer
- Mechanically inclined
- Strong work ethic. The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
If you wish to be considered for this position, apply with a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.