Join Shannon Brewing Company’s founder and lead brewer, Shannon Carter, on a small group brewery tour of Ireland. Space is limited to 20 people, so sign up fast. The six-day tour starts in Shannon, Ireland on March 4, 2017.
The total price of the tour is $1,700 per person (based on double-occupancy) + the airfare you arrange for yourself. The tour schedule follows, although we may tweak the tour stops due to weather and really fun stuff we find along the way!
DAY ONE — March 4, 2017
• Pick up at the Park Inn by Radisson near the Shannon Airport (overnight stay not included).
• Visit the dramatic Cliffs of Moher.
• Visit the Burren Salmon Smokehouse for a talk and tasting.
• Meet Peter, owner of a nano brewery in his traditional pub, the Roadside Tavern.
• Taste the Burren range of beers over a smoked salmon lunch in the pub.
• Tour the unique Burren region, a protected limestone karst region of Co Clare
• Afternoon tour and tastings at Galway Bay Brewery.
• Check into Galway Bay Hotel and enjoy a 3 course meal in the hotel.
• Option to check out the nearby Oslo pub, a craft beer pub in the Galway Bay group.
• Includes entrance to Cliffs of Moher, tour and tastings at Burren Smokehouse and Brewery, lunch at the Roadside Tavern, Galway Bay brewery tour and tastings, 3 course dinner in the Galway Bay hotel, overnight at Galway Bay Hotel with full Irish breakfast included.
DAY TWO — March 5, 2017
• Irish breakfast at Galway Bay hotel
• Drive from Galway to Tipperary to visit Ireland’s most experienced brewer Cuilan, at White Gypsy Brewing.
• Local organic lunch at Finn’s pub with White Gypsy beers.
• Guided tour at the Rock of Cashel.
• Dinner, mead and wine at Bunratty Castle Medieval Banquet served with a superb selection of Irish medieval and traditional songs and entertainment.
• Overnight at Bunratty Castle Hotel
• Tour includes hotel, tour and tastings at White Gypsy Brewery, organic lunch at Finn’s pub, guided tour at Rock of Cashel, medieval banquet at Bunratty castle.
DAY THREE — March 6, 2017
• Full Irish breakfast at Bunratty Castle Hotel
• Drive to Dingle, Co Kerry with a coffee stop in the heritage town of Adare.
• Tour of the Dingle Distillery.
• Travel the scenic Slea Head Drive to see the Blasket Islands and the most westerly point of Ireland on the Dingle peninsula.
• Lunch on the edge….
• Visit Ireland’s most westerly brewery Tig Bhric (West Kerry Brewery) for a tour and tasting by brewmaster Adrienne.
• Visit Sean Daly for a crystal demo, Sean is a former master craftsman of Waterford Crystal and owner of Dingle Crystal.
• Overnight at Dingle Bay Hotel.
• Dinner on your own or with Shannon at a local restaurant (not included in tour price).
• Tour includes hotel, Dingle Distillery visit, lunch, tour and tastings at the West Kerry Brewery, crystal demonstration.
DAY FOUR — March 7, 2017
• Full Irish Breakfast at Dingle Bay Hotel.
• Travel to Killarney stopping for some Wild Atlantic waves and a walk on Inch Beach.
• Visit Torc Waterfall. Those who wish to join Shannon Carter on a hike up and around the waterfall will enjoy a two hour, semi-challenging hike through Killarney National Park. Those who wish to see the park by Horse & Cart ride may do so for €15. Alternatively, you may also take a guided tour through Muckross House €7.50. We will all meet back at the bus to compare notes on our adventures.
• Visit Killarney Brewing for a tasting and tour of their brand new brewhouse.
• Visit The Celtic Whiskey experience in Killarney for a masterclass as a Distiller’s Apprentice, compare four classic Irish whiskey styles.
• Dinner at the Celtic Whiskey Bar and Larder.
• Overnight at The International Hotel, renowned for it’s old world charm and hospitality.
• Tour includes hotel, tour and tasting at Killarney Brewing, private masterclass at Celtic Whiskey followed by dinner in the same location.
DAY FIVE — March 8, 2017
• Full Irish Breakfast at the International Hotel
• Travel to Blarney Castle to kiss the Blarney stone and see the beautiful gardens around the castle.
• Lunch and shopping at the Blarney Woolen Mills
• Tour of Charles Fort, a star shaped military fort overlooking Kinsale Harbour.
• Tour Blacks Brewery Kinsale.
• Overnight at The Blue Haven Hotel in the heart of Kinsale’s pub and arty crafty quarter.
• Seafood dinner in Kinsale.
• Tour includes hotel, entrance to Blarney Castle, entrance to Charles Fort, tour of Blacks brewery in Kinsale and 3 course meal.
DAY SIX — March 9, 2017
• Visit the Titanic Experience at Cobh, the home of the original White Star Ticket Office and departure point for many Titanic passengers.
• Visit the famous Jameson Distillery for a guided tour and tasting.
• Lunch before visiting Eight Degrees Brewing, one of the fastest growing breweries in Ireland.
• Return to Shannon airport or accommodation near airport.
• Tour includes entrance to Titanic Experience, Jameson Distillery, Tour and tasting at Eight Degrees Brewing and return to Shannon region for drop – off.
Reserve Your Tour Spot Here. The total price of the tour is $1,700 per person (based on double-occupancy) + the airfare you arrange for yourself. Single room occupancy will require a $200 upgrade for the week. More information will be posted soon.
Fire-Brewed Irish Ales.